Background & aims
Abbreviations:LGG (Lactobacillus GG), RR (relative risk), CI (95% confidence interval), NNT (number needed to treat)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Child day care risks of common infectious diseases revisited.Child Care Health Dev. 2004; 30: 361-368
- Child care options for ill children.Pediatrics. 1991; 88: 705-718
- Children's health care and the changing role of women.Med Care. 1980; 18: 1208-1218
- A placebo-controlled trial of Lactobacillus GG to prevent diarrhea in undernourished Peruvian children.J Pediatr. 1999; 134: 15-20
- Effect of Lactobacillus gasseri PA 16/8, Bifidobacterium longum SP 07/3, B. bifidum MF 20/5 on common cold episodes: a double blind, randomized, controlled trial.Clin Nutr. 2005; 24: 481-491
- Long-term safety and impact on infection rates of postnatal probiotic and prebiotic (synbiotic) treatment: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 8-12
- Effect of a probiotic infant formula on infections in child care centers: comparison of two probiotic agents.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 5-9
- Effect of long term consumption of probiotic milk on infections in children attending day care centres: double blind, randomised trial.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1327-1331
- Effects of long-term consumption of a fermented infant formula (with Bifidobacterium breve c50 and Streptococcus thermophilus 065) on acute diarrhea in healthy infants.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004; 39: 147-152
- Use of probiotics in pediatrics: rationale, mechanisms of action, and practical aspects.Nutr Clin Pract. 2007; 22: 351-365
- Probiotics: effects on immunity.Am J Clin Nutr. 2001; 73: 444S-450S
- Enhancing immunity by dietary consumption of a probiotic lactic acid bacterium (Bifidobacterium lactis HN019): optimization and definition of cellular immune responses.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000; 54: 849-855
- Effect of probiotics and breastfeeding on the Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus/enterococcus microbiota and humoral immune responses.J Pediatr. 2005; 147: 186-191
- Probiotic effects on faecal inflammatory markers and on faecal IgA in food allergic atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome infants.Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2005; 16: 65-71
- Improved immunogenicity of oral D x RRV reassortant rotavirus vaccine by Lactobacillus casei GG.Vaccine. 1995; 13: 310-312
- Probiotics in the management of atopic eczema.Clin Exp Allergy. 2000; 30: 1604-1610
- Interleukin-10 generation in atopic children following oral Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG.Clin Exp Allergy. 2000; 30: 1804-1808
- Lactic acid bacteria in the treatment of acute rotavirus gastroenteritis.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1995; 20: 333-338
- The CONSORT statement: revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomised trials.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1191-1194
☆Study registration number: ISRCTN16959643.
☆Conference presentation: Part of study results were presented at 42nd ESPGHAN Annual Meeting, Budapest, 2009.